Marbella Sports Reporter

Thursday 15 September 2011

Filled Under:

Ricky Hatton has been successful in applying to the British Boxing Board of Control for his seconds and trainers licences.


The former two-weight world champion is now looking forward to training a successful stable of boxers based at the Hatton Health and Fitness gym in Hyde.
Ricky, 32, who passed a battery of tests to win back his seconds licence at the weekend will now be allowed to work in corners again.
He said: "The Board have shown great faith in me by handing back my seconds licence and giving me a trainers licence for the first time.
"It means they are putting their trust in me to go in a corner with a boxer and look after his welfare."
Hatton's seconds and managers licences were taken from him last year while he was treated for depression, but the BBB of C are now satisfied that he has returned to full health.
Ricky has been working with Bob Shannon's fighters in the gym and he will continue assisting the experienced trainer in the near future.
Hatton explained: "I have been in the gym helping Bob's fighters and that was the whole purpose of deciding to take a trainers licence.
"I left school when I was 16-years-old and apart from fitting a few carpets badly for my dad, the only job I have had is boxing.
"I am dedicated to being a trainer as much as I was being a fighter because boxing is a hard game and you only get once chance.
"I have got that little spring in my step and I hope it won't be long before future champions start knocking on my door asking me to train them.
"I am fully on board running my businesses, but my office has always been the boxing gym and that is where I give my best advice.
"It makes sense to go into coaching because I am involved in the game I love.
"It was hard to come to terms with retirement, and boxing is the best feeling in the world, but the next best thing is throwing punches for one of your fighters."
The most popular fighter in British boxing history recently took complete control of his business empire, and has delayed re-applying for his managers licence because of the busy schedule.
He added: "I am promoting, training and taken charge of the Hatton group which keeps me busy right now.
"I will eventually manage fighters, but there won't be an abundance of them because I have so many irons in the fire at the minute."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...