Marbella Sports Reporter

Saturday 20 November 2010

Filled Under:

I touched the ball because I thought I wasn't offside. Everything happened so quickly. After having time to think about it I apologised to Ronaldo

"I touched the ball because I thought I wasn't offside. Everything happened so quickly. After having time to think about it I apologised to Ronaldo. It was a great piece of play and I shouldn't have ruined it." - Nani.

"I don't understand, even a blind man could see it was a goal, the ball was half a metre into the net. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not but my best goals with the national team are being disallowed." - Cristiano Ronaldo.

He only played for 45 minutes but Cristiano Ronaldo has a hugely eventful first half in Portugal's 4-0 win over Spain on Wednesday night.

First off, CR7 was scythed down by Sergio Busquets in the eighth minute and it took the Real Madrid forward just a couple of minutes to grab his retribution with his own reckless challenge on the Barcelona defensive midfielder.

Ten minutes before the break came the now infamous moment when Ronaldo stuck Gerard Pique on his bum, before bamboozling club team mates Xabi Alonso and Iker Casillas only for Nani to nip in and ruin the wonder goal.

Ronaldo did in the end have his impact on the match, beating Busquests before seeing his shot parried by Casillas to Carlos Martins who opened the scoring.

Cristiano Ronaldo's individual match highlights v Spain are on the video below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...